[Dovecot] Sieve force SSL

Lukas Haase lukashaase at gmx.at
Thu Sep 23 13:16:44 EEST 2010

Hi,

I have activated only imaps and managesieve.

As sieve is running on a different port/protocol: Can I make sure that
sieve can ONLY be used with SSL/TLS?

As the credentials are transmitted I only offer services with SSL
(IMAPS, SMTP over SSL, ...). For sieve I am not sure about this.

If there is the possibility that user's credentials are transmitted in
plain text I would block the port from the firewall, else I would offer
my users the feature to change their rules with their own client (e.g.
Thunderbird sieve).

Regards, Luke