[Dovecot] OT - quality managed switch : Was Re: Possible to split message store location?

Thu Sep 23 14:57:49 EEST 2010

On 2010-09-23 3:08 AM, Stan Hoeppner <stan at hardwarefreak.com> wrote:
> Given it's 2010, I'm assuming your NAS device has at least 2 GigE
> ports and you are doing link aggregation/port bonding with the
> quality managed switch it's connected to

Stan - if you don't mind an OT question...

Given your obvious expertise in the Enterprise Storage arena (enjoyed
reading some of your past posts on the subject, though much of it was
over my head) - what would you recommend as a 'quality managed switch'
that doesn't break the bank? I'd like to get one that doesn't require a
CISCO CCNA to configure/manage (relatively easy to understand Web UI)...

All I'm looking for is a way to provide some separate VLANs with ACLs -
specifically, I need one VLAN that is our general internal LAN, one VLAN
that is totally segregated (to provide Guest Wireless internet-only
access), and one VLAN for our Accountants, that blocks access from other
workstations on the internal network, but allows the users on it to
access resources on the internal network.

Thanks,

--

Best regards,

Charles