[Dovecot] Creating 'trash' folder

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Thu Sep 23 19:30:50 EEST 2010

Am 23.09.2010 18:11, schrieb Jerry:
> This might well be OT; however, I thought I would ask anyway.
>
> Please keep in mind that the IMAP server is Dovecot.
>
> I have a friend who uses Becky Internet Mail

whatever this is

> <http://www.rimarts.co.jp/becky.htm> on a Windows system. There us an
> options under the configuration menu in Becky to create the trash
> folder on the server. It suggest ".trash" for the name. He is aware
> that I use Dovecot and wanted to know if that would actually work. He
> claims to have activated that option in Becky; however, the trash
> folder was never actually created, or at least he was unable to locate
> it.
>
> I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with this sort of
> thing. I could gather more information, but I doubt that this really
> has anything to do with Dovecot anyway.

creating folders is mostly done by the client
( what are your logs look like ? )

but you can also use autocreate plugin

yesterday i tested outlook 2010 , they made sent,draft folder choosabel
on imap
but still no option for Junk, i wish i could prepare a cross client
folder synced layout ( Outlook,Thunderbird/Horde) , faking folder names
would be dreamy , but as far i remember this cant be done ,as discussed
here before

--
Best Regards

MfG Robert Schetterer