[Dovecot] Does Director only work with dovecot proxy?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Sep 23 23:21:59 EEST 2010

On 23.9.2010, at 21.05, Edward Carraro wrote:

> I was reading "conf.d/10-director.conf" and it mentions Dovecot proxy. I've
> been using perdition in the past for my pop/imap proxying needs
> and wasn't sure if Director could also use perdition or if it only works
> with Dovecots proxying.

I suppose director could work with perdition, if you can make Perdition act as if it were Dovecot proxy.. Basically two things:

1) Have Perdition look up the host name from director (or how else could it work?)

2) Have Perdition notify director once every 15 minutes about connections that are still up