[Dovecot] unwanted maildir directory

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Sep 24 20:18:09 EEST 2010

On Fri, 2010-09-24 at 12:07 -0500, Mike Abbott wrote:
> imap(pid 72709 user specmail773): Panic: file maildir-save.c: line 79 (maildir_file_move): assertion failed: (*mf->tmp_name != '\0')

I added one more assert, but I doubt that catches this:
http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.0/rev/c7a5d25dceb6

This really looks like memory corruption, but since it could be anywhere
in the code it's pretty difficult to find where without running via
valgrind or similar.

Can you figure out if you can reproduce it with X features but not with
X-1 features? Like with/without quota enabled, or with/without some IMAP
commands in your tests?