[Dovecot] Unsubscribing from public folders

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Sep 24 20:31:30 EEST 2010

On Fri, 2010-09-24 at 10:21 -0700, aditsu wrote:

> Also, you haven't commented on my last phrase: "please let me know the
> best
> way to fix the configuration/subscriptions." Specifically:
> - Should I switch the separator to "."?

Probably would cause just more problems.

> - If I don't, then how to edit the subscription files? Should
> Public-NIB.foo.bar become Public-NIB/foo.bar or Public-NIB/foo/bar?

Public-NIB/foo.bar

>  And what
> about INBOX.foo.bar?

That's ok.

> - Anything else I can do?

Nope.

The special case here is that Public-NIB/'s subscriptions go to the
parent namespace's subscriptions file. So each entry that belongs to it
must begin with the namespace prefix (Public-NIB/). For everything else
it uses the internal separator, which is always '.'. That allows
changing namespace separator without breaking all subscriptions. (But
changing namespace prefix for subscriptions=no namespace breaks
subscriptions, as has happened with you when changing from "Public-NIB."
to "Public-NIB/".)