[Dovecot] dovecot-lda segfaults with some sieve scripts

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Wed Sep 29 17:01:31 EEST 2010

  Op 29-9-2010 14:42, interfaSys sàrl schreef:
>   Hello,
>
> One account couldn't get emails all the sudden.
> dovecot-lda was crashing with "signal 11 (segmentation fault)".
> There was absolutely nothing in the dovecot logs, even with mail_debug=yes.
>
> I found out that it was because of the following lines in a sieve script
> that were generated by a script generator (Ingo).
>
> if true {
>      keep;
>      stop;
> }
>
> I'm using the latest revision of pigeonhole with Dovecot 2.0.4.

Hmm. I cannot reproduce this.

You should:

1) send your dovecot -n output.

2) If you can easily reproduce it: produce a backtrace of the problem
using gdb:

You can for instance run dovecot-lda manually as follows: gdb --args
/usr/lib/dovecot-lda -p example-message.eml

And then:

- issue 'r' command
- (hopefully) see it crash with sigsegfault
- issue 'bt full' command and report the output back here
- also include a copy of the full Sieve script that you are using and
the example message.

You can also use core dumps if the problem is more transient:
http://www.dovecot.org/bugreport.html

Regards,

Stephan.