[Dovecot] 1.2.14 --- auth(default) Error: LDAP: Connection lost to LDAP server, reconnecting

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Sep 29 20:45:09 EEST 2010

On Wed, 2010-09-29 at 16:09 +0200, Denny Schierz wrote:

> Sep 29 15:33:43 auth(default): Error: LDAP: Connection lost to LDAP
> server, reconnecting
> Sep 29 15:34:15 auth(default): Error: LDAP: Connection lost to LDAP
> server, reconnecting

You've configured LDAP server to have a really small connection idle
timeout?

> hosts = ldap ldap2
>
> ps. when does dovecot switches to ldap2?

Dovecot doesn't switch. OpenLDAP library switches. I don't know what its
internal log is. My guess is it first always connects to ldap, and if
that fails then it connects to ldap2 (and never switches back, until
connection is lost).