[Dovecot] Can we retrieve Dovecot Proxys 'hostName' from Directorinstead of LDAP?

Brad Davidson brandond at uoregon.edu
Wed Sep 29 22:48:00 EEST 2010

Edward,

I believe that having it in the static passdb is sufficient.

> If I want to use proxy_maybe, is the LDAP value changed from "proxy"
> "proxy_maybe" or in pass_attrs "someAttribute=proxy_maybe"?

The Director does not support proxy_maybe. When using it, all logins are
proxied.

Additionally, you can get rid of any other passdb/userdb sections you've
got on the Directors; the LDAP directory should not be queried at all
since the Director can just proxy everything through to the backends and
let them figure out whether or not the user/pass are valid.

> I'll take a look at poolmon for node failures.

Let me know how it works for you, or if there are any enhancements you'd
find useful.

-Brad