[Dovecot] Problem with expire plugin and expunge

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Apr 4 16:27:32 EEST 2011

On Sat, 2011-04-02 at 11:21 +0200, Christoph Pleger wrote:
> Hello,
>
> > It looks like it expunged all the messages from Trash. Did you check if
> > that happened? Did it expunge too many messages?
> >
> > > Mar 18 09:50:28 joseph dovecot: imap(christoph): Debug: expire: Saving
> > > first message to Trash, updating timestamp to 1300438228
> >
> > This happens, because it thinks the Trash was empty..
>

> Is there any solution in sight for this? Is there some additional information
> I can give you for solving that problem?

Well, the weird thing is that the logs say it's expunging everything and
you say it's not.. What about if you change the cronjob to do:

doveadm fetch uid mailbox Trash
doveadm expunge mailbox Trash ..
doveadm fetch uid mailbox Trash

so that it logs 1) a list of UIDs before expunge, 2) UIDs of what get
expunged and 3) UIDs that exist after expunge.