[Dovecot] install question

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Apr 4 16:46:03 EEST 2011

On Thu, 2011-03-31 at 10:12 +0200, Gerard Ranke wrote:

> I'm trying to build a dovecot-2.0.11 package for our systems, and so I would like to install it to a
> temporary directory. But when I use "gmake DESTDIR=/tmp/build install", instead of binaries, it's
> wrapper scripts that get installed for dovecot, doveconf and doveadm. When I install to the default
> location all is well. Does anybody know how how to install to a temp location?

Dunno, works in Linux:

wget dovecot.org/releases/2.0/dovecot-2.0.11.tar.gz
cd dovecot-2.0.11
./configure
make
make DESTDIR=/tmp/plop install
file /tmp/plop/usr/local/bin/doveadm
/tmp/plop/usr/local/bin/doveadm: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.18, not stripped