[Dovecot] squirrelmail doesn't display share

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Apr 5 21:54:06 EEST 2011

On 5.4.2011, at 21.45, Eric Broch wrote:

> I have dovecot 2.0.11 installed on a client's server and Squirrelmail as
> the webmail client. I created the share below in dovecot.conf and it
> appears in Thunderbird and Outlook but not in Squirrelmail.
> What setting do I need to adjust in order for the share to appear in
> squirrelmail?

> $default_folder_prefix = 'INBOX.';

This says you'll only want to list mailboxes under INBOX. You could set this to empty and you'll see also share, but this changes how the mailboxes show up in Squirrelmail (everything is under INBOX). One possibility would be to remove the prefix from both Squirrelmail and Dovecot, but then users using other clients will notice a difference in behavior.

Or one last kind of ugly possibility, but one without any downsides, would be to put the shared mailbox under INBOX too:

> namespace {
>  location = maildir:/home/vpopmail/domains/mydomain.com/shared/projects
>  prefix = projects.

prefix = INBOX.projects.

>  separator = .
>  type = shared
> }

Also this should be type=public. type=shared is only when sharing other users' mailboxes, which would mean that prefix and location should have %%variables. (Actually I thought it would have given an error message with the above config..)