[Dovecot] domain variable still empty

Andre Rodier andre.rodier at red2.co.uk
Mon Apr 11 09:54:53 EEST 2011

 On Mon, 11 Apr 2011 07:42:21 +0100, Andre Rodier wrote:
> [...]
>>> redteam2 to %n = arorier and %d = empty. So I don't understand why
>>> %d
>>> would ever be anything else than empty.
>>>
>>> Anyway, http://wiki2.dovecot.org/DomainLost
>>
>> Thanks Timo,
>>
>> it was what I thought. However, even if I know know the cause, it
>> doesn't help me too much to do what I want.
>>
>> In the link provided, none of the reason is applied in my settings.
>>
>> - My auth_username_format is set to the full username+domain, event
>> empty, it's dropped.
>> - I use LDAP, not SQL, so I don't know how to return the domain from
>> my query.
>>
>> The question is now, how can I return both the username and the
>> domain from LDAP, please ? Once I have the answer, I can add the
>> information to the wiki page.
>>
>> However, it seems I can use this method, specified on this page:
>> http://wiki.dovecot.org/AuthDatabase/LDAP/Userdb:
>>
>>> You can add static fields that aren't looked up from LDAP
>>> (v1.1.rc5+).
>>> For example create a "mail" field with value "/var/vmail/%d/%n":
>>> user_attrs = \
>>>   quotaBytes=quota_rule=*:bytes=%$, \
>>>   =mail=/var/vmail/%d/%n
>>

>> It is exactly what I want to do. But once I have created a "mail"
>> field, how can I access this field from the main dovecot
>> configuration
>> file, please ?
>>
>> Thanks for your answer and your patience.
>>
>> Once I have finished to setup my environment, I'll publish a
>> document
>> to help others.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>
> Hello again, Timo, I am nearly there.
>
> I finally got it working, using the ldap prefetch option. I don't
> know why, but it is only in this way that the '%d' domain is kept
> after the authentication:
>
> Now, this line is normally resolved in my private namespace (mail
> location)
>   => location = maildir:/home/emails/%d/%%n/Maildir:
>
> In my dovecot ldap configuration:
>

> -8<--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> hosts = callisto.red2.srv thebe.red2.srv
> auth_bind = yes
> ldap_version = 3
> base = dc=red2,dc=srv
> scope = subtree
> user_attrs =
>
> gosaMailQuota=quota_rule=*:storage=%$M,=home=/home/emails/%d/%n,=mail=/home/emails/%d/%n,
> mail_plugins
> user_filter = (&(objectClass=posixAccount)(uid=%n))
> pass_attrs = uid=uid,userPassword=password,\
>

> =userdb_home=/home/emails/%d/%n,gosaMailQuota=userdb_quotarule=*:storage=%$M
> pass_filter = (&(objectClass=posixAccount)(uid=%n)(ou=%d))
> default_pass_scheme = PLAIN-MD5
>
> -8<--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Obviously, I now need to cleanup and remove all options that are not

 Hi everybody,

 It is me again, a typo error that I want to inform people.
 The resolved line I gave in example is my shared namespace. But the
 private namespace works as well.

 The private namespace location:
 -8<--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 location =
 maildir:~/Maildir:INDEX=/var/mail/indexes/private/%n:CONTROL=/var/mail/indexes/private/%n
 -8<--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 The shared namespace location:
 location = maildir:/home/emails/%d/%%n/Maildir:

 The only strange thing, is that the quota seems to have been cached.
 After changing the value on my LDAP server, the value is read, but both
 roundcube and thunderbird are displaying the same percentage.

 It will be another thread, now.

 Kind regards,
 André.