[Dovecot] Over quota and send Mails

Sven Hartge sven at svenhartge.de
Mon Apr 11 18:12:19 EEST 2011

Christian Schmidt <Christian.Schmidt at chemie.uni-hamburg.de> wrote:
> Sven Hartge, 11.04.2011 (d.m.y):

>> Jim Knuth <jk at jkart.de> wrote:

>>> if a user over quota is, he can do no mails more receive. So far, so
>>> good. But why he can do, nevertheless, mails do send? Has that to do
>>> something with dict option?
>>
>> Sending mails has nothing to do with dovecot. You need to configure
>> your MTA to prevent the user from sending any mails.

> Is there anyone running somethig like this? If so, could you please
> provide some details?

Well, I _plan_ to do something like this. It involves a quota dict in a
MySQL server, so all systems (frontend MXe, backend storages, admin web
console, etc.) can access the data to block or unblock users.

But so far nothing real is implemented due to time constraints.

Grüße,
Sven.

--
Sigmentation fault. Core dumped.