[Dovecot] dovecot & OCFS2 Cluster

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Mon Apr 25 21:53:15 EEST 2011

Am 25.04.2011 19:02, schrieb Osvaldo Alvarez Pozo:
> hi all
>
> We have an ocfs2 cluster compose of 4 Debian lenny serveurs wich have
> access to an ISCSI LUN we have create a partition on this Lun and
> formated this partition as OCFS2.
> 2 serveurs does mail delivery (SMTP) and the two other are pop/imap
> servers. The smtp servers use dovecot LDA to deliver to mailboxes. La
> version de dovecot is 1.2.13, ldirectord balance conexion to the
> servers(pop/pops/imap/imaps to the two imap/pop serveurs) (smtp to the
> two smtp servers).
>

> this is a part of my  dovecot.conf
>
> mail_location = maildir:/var/vmail/%d/%u/Maildir
> mail_access_groups = mail
> first_valid_uid = 5000
> last_valid_uid = 5000
> mail_max_userip_connections = 100
> maildir_copy_with_hardlinks = yes
> disable_plaintext_auth = no
> dotlock_use_excl=yes
> mmap_disable = yes
> protocols = imap imaps pop3 pop3s managesieve
> protocol imap {
>   mail_plugins = quota imap_quota
>   imap_client_workarounds = outlook-idle delay-newmail
> }
> protocol pop3 {
>   mail_plugins = quota
>   pop3_client_workarounds = outlook-no-nuls oe-ns-eoh
>   pop3_uidl_format = %08Xu%08Xv
> }
> protocol lda {
>   mail_plugins = quota sieve
>   log_path = /var/log/dovecot-deliver.log
>   info_log_path = /var/log/dovecot-deliver.log
> }
> protocol managesieve {
>   managesieve_implementation_string = dovecot
>  }
> auth default {
> mechanisms = plain login
>   passdb sql {
>     args = /etc/dovecot/sql.conf
>   }
>  userdb prefetch {
>   }
>   userdb sql {
>     args = /etc/dovecot/sql.conf
>   }
>     user = nobody
>   socket listen {
>     master {
>       path = /var/run/dovecot/auth-master
>       mode = 0660
>       user = vmail
>       group = mail
>     }
>     client {
>       path = /var/spool/postfix/private/auth
>       mode = 0660
>       user = postfix
>       group = mail
> }
>
> We are having severals  problems from "cpu stuck for 61 seconds"   to
> "too many connexion".
>
> I wonder if there is a configuation type of dovecot when using ocfs2.
> In tje dovecot site they give advices about how to configure dovecot
> when using NFS, but not about OCFS2.
> Somme people say that lda shuld not be used.
> Any help please?
>
> Thanks
> [...]

first upgrade your dovecot and i.e postfix to latest versions
use lmtp instead of lda
read
http://wiki1.dovecot.org/MailLocation/SharedDisk
look archives here
i use 5000 mailboxes on maildir  with drbd ocfs2 ,no problem so far
there is an option mail if you format with ocfs2
look bottlenecks with your ISCSI
as the nature of the beast there may be several reasons for your problem
but there is no known reason or bug to me why you shouldnt use ocfs2
you need to make more analysis
--
Best Regards

MfG Robert Schetterer