[Dovecot] dict quota problem

Sven Hartge sven at svenhartge.de
Sat Apr 30 15:24:33 EEST 2011

Papp Tamas <tompos at martos.bme.hu> wrote:
> On 04/30/2011 01:36 AM, Sven Hartge wrote:

>>> So, there is no exact or something closer solution with normal
>>> maildirs?

>> Define "exact".

> I mean, how I can set a true quota usage for a user?

Define "true quota usage".

>> Trust me, you don't want to include any meta data or filesystem overhead
>> in the quota value presented to the user. Doing so is just asking for
>> trouble and grief.

> I unserstand the overhead, I'm just looking for any kind of solution,
> which works.

The current implementation just works. Where is your problem with that?
You get the exact amount of bytes all mails of a user are allocating on
the storage (minus the space for the meta data of dovecot like indexes
and overhead from the filesystem).

S°

--
Sigmentation fault. Core dumped.