[Dovecot] Message flags

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Tue Aug 30 18:37:23 EEST 2011

Op 30-8-2011 16:48, Ralf Hildebrandt schreef:
> How do I set message flags in sieve rules in such a way that e.g.
> Thunderbird is displaying the mail as "important"? Is there a list of
> hwo flags are interpreted by different IMAP clients?

I'm assuming IMAP flags support
(http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3501#section-2.3.2) should be similar for
most clients, although their exact use may differ. In Thunderbird, the
\Answered flag is used for replied mail and the \Flagged flag maps to
'starred' e-mail. (Don't forget to duplicate the '\' in Sieve!)

Regarding keywords, there is RFC5788
(http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5788), from which at least $Forwarded and
$MDNSent are used by Thunderbird.

Other keywords used by Thunderbird are entirely custom:

$label1: Important (red)
$label2: Work (orange)
$label3: Personal (green)
$label4: ToDo (blue)