[Dovecot] : error while loading shared libraries: libdovecot.so.0 (arm cross compile)

Stephen Feyrer steve at toth.org.uk
Tue Aug 30 22:16:34 EEST 2011

Hi.

Dovecot appears to be running (testing required).
/opt/sbin/dovecot:dovecot/anvil:dovecot/log:dovecot/config

On Tue, 30 Aug 2011 18:13:14 +0100, Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:

> On 30.8.2011, at 19.46, Stephen Feyrer wrote:
>
>> *** Warning: Linking the shared library lib02_imap_acl_plugin.la
>> against the loadable module
>> *** lib01_acl_plugin.so is not portable!
>
> This is normal.

Okay.

>> /opt/sbin/dovecot: error while loading shared libraries:
>> libdovecot.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
>> directory
>
> So it's still not working? I guess the libdovecot.so.0 simply isn't in
> library paths. Typically giving linker -rpath parameter pointing to
> libdovecot.so.0 makes this problem invisible, but I guess in your system
> it doesn't do this.

So far Dovecot seems to be running.  I don't want to say it's working or
not until I've done some tests.  This is using
--without-shared-libraries.  If it's just the linker in my system that's
broken then this is an adequate solution.  Otherwise any information I can
produce might be useful to you is desirable.

>> The outcome of the native compile:
>> [/opt/dovecoti] # ./configure --prefix=/opt --enable-devel-checks
>> --enable-maintainer-mode
>
> --enable-devel-checks is pretty useless unless you're developing Dovecot.
>
>> [/opt/etc/dovecot] # gdb --args dovecot -F
>> [snip]
>> This GDB was configured as "arm-none-linux-gnueabi"...
>> (gdb) run
>> Starting program: /share/MD0_DATA/optware/opt/sbin/dovecot -F
>> Panic: Leaked file fd 3: dev 9.0 inode 53040060
>
> This panic is caused by the --enable-devel-check. It wouldn't have
> crashed otherwise. You could work around it by setting GDB=1 environment.

I put --enable-devel-check in there in the vain hope that it'd elicit
anything useful.  I would suspect that this is again the build
environment.  I won't included in any further tests.

Thanks again.

--
Kind regards

Stephen Feyrer.