[Dovecot] auth: Error: LDAP: Connection lost to LDAP server, reconnecting

Angel L. Mateo amateo at um.es
Wed Aug 31 13:31:25 EEST 2011

El 31/08/11 08:54, Angel L. Mateo escribió:
> El 30/08/11 11:41, Timo Sirainen escribió:
>>
>> Yeah, that happens if the disconnection is noticed at the time when
>> user is trying to authenticate. But if the disconnection is noticed
>> immediately when there are no user requests, there is also no message
>> logged about it.
>>
> So, there must be any problem, because when my load balancer expires the
> connection it closes the tcp connection (it sends a fin packet). I guess
> that slapd too. But I'll check this...

	OK. You were right:

* When openldap closes the connection because of the idle timeout, it
sends a FIN packet. When dovecot needs the connections, it simply opens
a new connection (without any log message).

* When my load balancer closes the connection, it doesn't send anything,
so dovecot thinks the connection is active. So, when auth needs it, it
tries to send the search, then load balancer sends a RST packet, so
dovecot logs the message and opens a new connection.

	So the solution is to configure oldap idletimeout parameter, dovecot
auth_cache_ttl and load balancer timeout in order to avoid this last
timeout to be reached.

--
Angel L. Mateo Martínez
Sección de Telemática