[Dovecot] dovecot-config file location on CentOS5 / RHEL5?

Thomas Harold thomas-lists at nybeta.com
Mon Aug 1 19:45:15 EEST 2011

On 8/1/2011 11:33 AM, David Warden wrote:
> On Aug 1, 2011, at 10:45 AM, Thomas Harold wrote:
>
>> Using the pre-built RPM from ATRPMs. Where does the dovecot-config
>> file get generated? Is there a flag in a config file that controls
>> whether it gets created?
>>
>> Do I have to install Dovecot from source in order to also use the
>> Pigeonhole plug-in?
>
> I'm pretty sure I'm using that RPM and you only get dovecot-config as
> part of dovecot-devel, which you will need to compile Pigeonhole. For
> me it is /usr/lib64/dovecot/dovecot-config.
>
> -David Warden

Thanks.  That was it, I did not have dovecot-devel installed from
ATRPMs-Extras.

I still had to tell ./configure where to find it though.

./configure --with-dovecot=/usr/lib64/dovecot/

(Which is good, because I was having trouble telling the dovecot source
code config where to find the postgreSQL development packages for 9.0.
PGSQL support is already compiled into the ATRPM build so I'm glad that
I can just use that.)