[Dovecot] Redelivery of messages in Maildir through sieve to be re-sorted

Thomas Harold thomas-lists at nybeta.com
Mon Aug 1 21:22:15 EEST 2011

http://wiki2.dovecot.org/HowTo/RefilterMail

That solution looks great for a single user, but is it possible to do a
larger version that runs for everyone on the server?  I'm speaking
specifically of a virtual setup where all mailboxes are owned by a
common UID/GID.

It seems like (with brief testing) that I could search for mail inside
of a "Refilter" folder, like
/var/vmail/domain.ext/username/Maildir/.Refilter/{cur|new}, and shove
that through dovecot-lda.

I would just need to put the username/domain.ext back together in the
format of username at domain.ext.

/usr/libexec/dovecot/dovecot-lda -e -d username at domain.ext -p (path to
message)

If dovecot-lda doesn't throw an error, then I could delete the message
from the "Refilter" folder and move onto the next message.

Or does Dovecot get horribly confused when messages vanish out of the
"cur" folder?