[Dovecot] sieve vacation reply

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Tue Aug 2 17:08:07 EEST 2011

On 8/2/2011 2:43 PM, swartel at zero-spam.fr wrote:
> Hi Stephan,
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> After some more tests, it appears that mail aliases is the reason of
> this error. The vacation mode has been enabled on a mailbox that
> contains many aliases and one of them has been used as the recipient.
> We used dovecot 2.0.12-0~auto+5 from debian old-stable repo. Is there
> anything we can do ?

If you can access the original recipient from your MTA, you can use both
-a and -r (if needed) arguments of dovecot-lda as outlined on this wiki
page:

http://wiki2.dovecot.org/LDA

This will make the vacation command perform the checks against the
original recipient.

Please let me know whether this is an adequate solution for you.

Regards,

Stephan.