[Dovecot] Dovecot 1.2.16 and Thunderbird 5 - pop3 mails not getting deleted

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 01:32:56 EEST 2011

I run a Dovecot 1.2.16 pop3 server and have just started using the
Thunderbird 5 email client.

Thunderbird is set to leave the messages on the server unless they are
over 91 days old. However, I'm not seeing it delete any of the older
messages.

I'll run a debug run of Thunderbird when I get back home, but I'm just
wondering if there's any gotcha's I should be aware of with
Thunderbird and Dovecot in a pop3 environment. The Thunderbird folks
are wondering if it's the server not the client.

Thanks.