[Dovecot] Dovecot 2.x configuration

Vincent Richomme forumer at smartmobili.com
Sun Aug 7 13:50:48 EEST 2011

  > OK so far so good, next problem is about the old configuration lines
:

> # It's possible to export the authentication interface to other
> programs:
>   socket listen {
>     master {
>       # Master socket provides access to userdb information. It's
> typically
>       # used to give Dovecot's local delivery agent access to userdb
> so it
>       # can find mailbox locations.
>       path = /var/run/dovecot/auth-master
>       mode = 0600
>       # Default user/group is the one who started dovecot-auth (root)
>       user = vmail
>       #group =
>     }
>     client {
>       # The client socket is generally safe to export to everyone.
> Typical use
>       # is to export it to your SMTP server so it can do SMTP AUTH
> lookups
>       # using it.
>       path = /var/run/dovecot/auth-client
>       mode = 0660
>     }
>   }
>
> Where should I put them in the new config file hierarchy ? And do I
> still need them ?
> Just for information I have based my mail setup on the following
> guide :
> http://workaround.org/ispmail/etch

I have tested and there is still an issue with mysql because I get the
following error :

Aug 07 12:51:20 auth: Fatal: Unknown passdb driver 'mysql'
Aug 07 12:51:20 master: Error: service(auth): command startup failed,
throttling

I am sure that mysql is installed and I have also installed
dovecot-mysql_2.0.13-0~auto+70_i386.deb