[Dovecot] mbox problems on CentOS 6

Spyros Tsiolis stsiol at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Aug 10 22:49:19 EEST 2011

--- On Wed, 10/8/11, DT <nbw0313 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> [...]
> > To: dovecot at dovecot.org
> > Date: Wednesday, August 10, 2011, 4:49 PM
> >

> > Still couldn't solve this mbox problem... Is there
> anyone
> > who can assist me with this?
> >

> > --- On Sat, 8/6/11, DT <nbw0313 at yahoo.com>
> > wrote:
> >

> > From: DT <nbw0313 at yahoo.com>
> > Subject: Re: [Dovecot] mbox problems on CentOS 6
> > To: dovecot at dovecot.org
> > Date: Saturday, August 6, 2011, 10:12 AM
> >

> > Thank you Thomas for opening my eyes on that matter,
> > fixed that area as bellow and it solved the Postfix
> problem
> > 100%
> >
> > service auth {
> >     unix_listener /var/spool/postfix/private/auth
> {
> >         mode = 0600
> >         user = postfix
> >         group = postfix
> >     }
> > }
> >
> > Now I only have same old issue with Dovecot only:
> > 2011-08-05 07:52:21 imap(contact at mydomain.com):
> > Debug: Effective uid=901, gid=12,
> > home=/vmail/mydomain.com/contact
> > 2011-08-05 07:52:21 imap(contact at mydomain.com):
> > Error: user contact at mydomain.com:
> > Initialization failed: Initializing mail storage from
> > mail_location setting failed: Unknown mail storage
> driver
> > maildir
> > 2011-08-05 07:52:21 imap(contact at mydomain.com):
> > Error: Invalid user settings. Refer to server log for
> more
> > information.
> >
> > Somehow it doesnt like what I have in mail_location
> or
> > so... but I tried so many other folders, tried maildir
> also,
> > error keeps showing, I can login to IMAP but once I do
> I'm
> > dropped :* BYE Internal error occurred. Refer to
> server log
> > for more information.
> > Connection closed by foreign host.
> >
> > Thank you again for any oppinion or advice.
> >

> > >In the config posted 'service auth' is not
> configured:
> > >
> > >http://wiki2.dovecot.org/HowTo/PostfixAndDovecotSASL
> > >
> > >Thomas

> postfix/smtpd[6414]:
> > connect from mail-fx0-f51.google.com[209.85.161.51]
> postfix/smtpd[6414]:
> > warning: SASL: Connect to private/auth failed:
> Connection
> > refused
> postfix/smtpd[6414]:
> > fatal: no SASL authentication mechanisms

> If you don't mind me ask; What version of dovecot were you
> trying
> to build ?
>
> Were you trying to buld/compile from sources ?
> Didn't you use the rpms for CentOS that exist ?
>
> Regards,
>
> s.
>

> ----
> "I merely function as a channel that filters

Hi DT,

Have you tinkered with debug switches on dovecot ?
They are pretty straightforward and down to the point
(see: not cryptic :-)

I build dovecot from sources too. Not relaying on CentOS
repos.
I currently have two mailservers with dovecot and have
no problems.

Then, I am not using v2.x but v1.x (I can't remember the
exact version at the moment).

HTH

s.

----