[Dovecot] mbox issue - dovecot 2.0.13

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Aug 15 00:17:03 EEST 2011

On Mon, 2011-08-01 at 22:13 -0700, John Alexander wrote:
> I'm running into the following issue when trying to delete a folder:
>
> Aug  2 00:41:46 keg dovecot: imap(user): Error:
> stat(/home/user/mail/Trash/.imap/MoreTest) failed: Not a directory

1) This is Thunderbird trying to delete mailbox by moving it under Trash
mailbox, which won't work with mbox. You can fix this in TB by
setting .. probably the "server supports subfolders" or whatever
setting.

2) It's a Dovecot bug that it logs this error message. It's already
fixed in v2.1, and I'd rather not spend time backporting the fix to
v2.0.