[Dovecot] LMTP over STDIN/STDOUT (non root user)

Andrzej Adam Filip AnFi at onet.eu
Mon Aug 15 00:34:58 EEST 2011

Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-08-09 at 17:29 +0200, Andrzej Adam Filip wrote:
>> Is it possible to get LMTP session over STDIN/STDOUT (for non root user)?
>
> Yeah. Just run it.

Step 1: OK/CLOSED
Step 2:
  lmtp program seems to accept custom configuration file (-c _file_).
  The file specifies both passdb and userdb using Passwd-file.
  How to make lmtp skip attempts to contact auth server?

P.S.
I want to achieve personal (single user) "server less" IMAP&LMTP over
STDIN&STDOUT configuration.

Now I see:
  Error: userdb lookup: connect(/var/run/dovecot/auth-userdb) failed:
  Permission denied ...
Fixing/changing socket permissions is no solutuion for me because I want
to avoid need for any permanently running server.

[pl>en: Andrew] Andrzej Adam Filip : anfi at onet.eu
The whole history of computers is rampant with cheerleading at best and
bigotry at worst.
  -- Larry Wall in <199702111730.JAA28598 at wall.org>