[Dovecot] maildirsize not always present

Jean-Max Reymond jmreymond at free.fr
Wed Aug 17 00:48:15 EEST 2011

all seems OK for me and all the users have quota set.

$ cat /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf
password_query = SELECT username AS user,password FROM mailbox WHERE
username = '%u' AND active='1'

# Query to retrieve user information.

user_query = SELECT concat('/home/mail/',maildir) as home, 8 AS uid, 8
AS gid, concat('maildir:storage=', quota/1024) AS quota FROM mailbox
WHERE username = '%u' AND active='1'

Whhen I request the database, quota is working for the first user and
not for the second user but it is very similar

mysql> SELECT concat('/home/mail/',maildir) as home, 8 AS uid, 8 AS gid,
concat('maildir:storage=', quota/1024) AS quota FROM mailbox WHERE
username like  'francois.char%' OR username like 'cyril%';
+-----------------------------------------------+-----+-----+-------------------------------+
| home                                          | uid | gid | quota

+-----------------------------------------------+-----+-----+-------------------------------+
| /home/mail/dracenie.com/cyril.lafont/Maildir/ |   8 |   8 |
maildir:storage=10000000.0000 |
| /home/mail/dracenie.com/francois.charnier/    |   8 |   8 |
maildir:storage=1464000.0000  |
+-----------------------------------------------+-----+-----+-------------------------------+
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

So, tomorrow, I will set auth_debug=yes to trace users activity

# dovecot -n
# 1.2.9: /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
Warning: fd limit 1024 is lower than what Dovecot can use under full
load (more than 2560). Either grow the limit or change
login_max_processes_count and max_mail_processes settings
# OS: Linux 2.6.32-33-server x86_64 Ubuntu 10.04.3 LTS
log_path: /var/log/dovecot.log
log_timestamp: %Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S
protocols: imap imaps managesieve
ssl_key_file: /etc/ssl/private/dovecot.key
login_dir: /var/run/dovecot/login
login_executable(default): /usr/lib/dovecot/imap-login
login_executable(imap): /usr/lib/dovecot/imap-login
login_executable(managesieve): /usr/lib/dovecot/managesieve-login
login_max_processes_count: 1024
mail_max_userip_connections(default): 500
mail_max_userip_connections(imap): 500
mail_max_userip_connections(managesieve): 10
first_valid_uid: 8
mail_privileged_group: mail
mail_location: maildir:%h
mmap_disable: yes
mail_nfs_storage: yes
mail_nfs_index: yes
mbox_write_locks: fcntl dotlock
mail_executable(default): /usr/lib/dovecot/imap
mail_executable(imap): /usr/lib/dovecot/imap
mail_executable(managesieve): /usr/lib/dovecot/managesieve
mail_plugins(default): quota imap_quota
mail_plugins(imap): quota imap_quota
mail_plugins(managesieve):
mail_plugin_dir(default): /usr/lib/dovecot/modules/imap
mail_plugin_dir(imap): /usr/lib/dovecot/modules/imap
mail_plugin_dir(managesieve): /usr/lib/dovecot/modules/managesieve
lda:
   postmaster_address: postmaster at dracenie.com
   mail_plugins: sieve
   quota_full_tempfail: yes
   deliver_log_format: msgid=%m: %$
   rejection_reason: Your message to <%t> was automatically rejected:%n%r
auth default:
   mechanisms: plain login
   passdb:
     driver: sql