[Dovecot] May Dovecot help in users education

Alexandre Chapellon a.chapellon at horoa.net
Wed Aug 17 17:00:04 EEST 2011

Hello,

I was wondering if dovecot could help me in my project to smoothly make
all my users switch to TLS encrypted POP / IMAP sessions and forget
about cleartext.
My first idea was to setup dovecot as a POP/IMAP  proxy for my mailhosts
and ask dovecot to display a warning message or slowdown non TLS sessions.
Is there any way to achieve this with dovecot? Does anybody have another
idea smoothly force used to switch to TLS?

Regards.

P.S: double posted because previous was HTML and I've seen some MUA
fails to display it properly... sorry will only send raw text now.