[Dovecot] acl with hierarchy separators mismatched config

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Aug 23 18:39:55 EEST 2011

On 23.8.2011, at 10.52, YAEGASHI Takeshi wrote:

> I prefer the maildir++ layout with listescape as it's reserved-folder-name free (eg. cur new tmp).

I remember listescape had problems with ACLs, and that it wasn't really possible to solve those bugs without major changes. The good news though is that those major changes are done in v2.1 where it should work.

Also you could make FS layout almost reserved-folder-name free by adding e.g. :DIRNAME=Mails to your mail_location. Now the only reserved name is "Mails", and you can of course use any other name that users are highly unlikely to use (and remember that folder names are case sensitive).

Some day I'm hoping to add yet another option that mailbox names wouldn't be used in filenames at all, but rather their GUIDs.