[Dovecot] MS Exchange IMAP Proxy

Terry Carmen terry at cnysupport.com
Sat Dec 3 01:42:38 EET 2011

OK, I'm making headway. it didn't like the config because there were
no quotes around the Exchange server's FQDN, however when I added the
quotes, I got:

Dec  2 18:26:33 host dovecot: auth: Error:
imapc('exchangeserver.example.com':143):
dns_lookup('exchangeserver.example.com') failed: Name or service not
known

The name *does* resolve correctly using the "host" command.

I then replaced the FQDN with the Exchange server's IP address, which
works much better, but now I get:

Dec  2 18:35:09 host dovecot: imap(myusername): Error: user
myusername: Couldn't drop privileges: User is missing UID (see
mail_uid setting)

"myusername" is not a local user, but exists only on the exchange
server. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Terry