[Dovecot] Questions about single intance storage

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Dec 5 03:45:19 EET 2011

On 5.12.2011, at 3.03, Stan Hoeppner wrote:

> To cope with catastrophic failure, create a "special" Dovecot
> administrator only mailbox (real/virtual/whatever) that "contains" all
> of the SiS files, a special Dovecot index.

I'm not thinking about a catastrophe. For that a regular full filesystem backup+restore would work mostly okay (a snapshot would be perfect, without snapshot some extra work would be needed). The problem is that people want to recover only one specific user's mails from some older backup, because they accidentally deleted the mails.. This needs to be somewhat easy to implement with SIS, but it isn't.