[Dovecot] IMAP SPECIAL-USE extension

Patrick Ben Koetter p at state-of-mind.de
Tue Dec 6 14:43:03 EET 2011

* A.L.E.C <alec at alec.pl>:
> On 06.12.2011 11:29, Patrick Ben Koetter wrote:
>
> >> Are there any plans to support RFC5464 SETMETADATA, so individual
> >> users can name their "\Trash" folder "Skraldspand" in danish or what
> >> ever they prefer?
>
> Now I see in the hg that Timo doesn't implemented this nor
> CREATE-SPECIAL-USE. So, it's not so nice as I thought ;) There is
> metadata plugin. Should it be extended to support this?
>
> > I believe setting the name should be a mapping that takes place in the MUA.
>
> We have RFC6154 for this, don't try to be smarter.

>From my understanding RFC 6154 serves to flag some IMAP mailboxes in order to
indicate they should be used for special use e.g. as trash folder etc.

I fail to see how RFC 6154 would help displaying localized mailbox names.

Please point out.

p at rick

--
state of mind ()
Digitale Kommunikation

http://www.state-of-mind.de

Franziskanerstraße 15      Telefon +49 89 3090 4664
81669 München              Telefax +49 89 3090 4666