[Dovecot] MUAs creating different "Sent" folders

Thierry de Montaudry thierry at mailhub.co.za
Tue Dec 6 15:35:04 EET 2011

Hi,

I know this might be a bit off topic, but having just fixed the problem on my machine, I though I might share it: on Mac OS Lion, with Apple Mail, you can change the system folders by editing the file ~/Library/Mail/V2/MailData/Accounts.plist (path might differ with older version of Mac OS).
For each accounts it has 3 entries (DraftMailboxName, JunkMailboxName and SentMessagesMailboxName) that can be changed to any value you want. Quite useful when you are IMAPing your account from different systems. Just don't forget to close Mail while editing this file, and don't do it if you don't have a proper plist editor.

This can be done as well in iOS, from the Mail settings, in the account advanced settings. But folders (Trash, Spam...) have to be created before.

Regards,

	Thierry