[Dovecot] IMAP SPECIAL-USE extension

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Dec 7 00:13:54 EET 2011

On Fri, 2011-12-02 at 17:12 +0200, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> The mailbox names require a namespace prefix, so if you use e.g. "INBOX." prefix you'll need to use:

I changed these so that they are inside namespace {} section and don't
require namespace prefix in the name. That way I can include common
mailbox definitions in example-config and still allow the namespace
prefix to be easily changed.

I'm anyway now wondering what the defaults should be? Could someone
check what these defaults are for Outlook and any other clients you
have:

 * "Drafts" is used by all clients
 * "Trash" is used by all clients
 * "Junk" is used by all clients? Or is "Spam" used by some?
 * "Sent" is used by Thunderbird, Evolution
 * "Sent Messages" is used by Apple Mail

So I'm mainly wondering about "Sent" vs. "Sent Messages".