[Dovecot] master user only for sieve

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Wed Dec 7 13:32:21 EET 2011

Op 7-12-2011 11:11, Jan-Frode Myklebust schreef:
> Changes in SOGo is forcing me to define a master user, so that SOGo can
> disable sieve out-of-office processing on a given date. I'm not too
> happy about having master users that are allowed to read the users
> messages, so is it possible to define a master user that can only log in
> trough manage-sieve?

I must say I don't really know about that.

However, I do have a suggestion for a different approach. You can define
a vacation response action with an expiry date, as follows:

require ["date", "relational", "vacation"];

if currentdate :value "le" "date" "2011-12-09" {
        vacation "I'm out of office this week. I'll be back on Saturday
10th to reply to your e-mails.";
}

This means that there is no need to remove the vacation rule explicitly.
It is inactive and can be removed at a (much) later time. You can also
plan vacation responses in the future using the same method.

Of course, the question is whether the SoGo GUI supports something like
this, but I think it should.

Regards,

Stephan.