[Dovecot] Questions about single intance storage

Yann Dupont Yann.Dupont at univ-nantes.fr
Wed Dec 7 18:02:51 EET 2011

Le 07/12/2011 15:15, Timo Sirainen a écrit :
> On 7.12.2011, at 12.25, Yann Dupont wrote:

> doveadm expunge -u user mailbox '*' all
>
> before doing rm -rf for the user's mails. And in the archiving step you should do it with dsync with mail_attachment_dir disabled in the destination storage, so the the attachments get written to the archive directly instead of only referencing SIS.

Yes, I understand, it will work. But, if case of any error (even our
fault : premature end of script, for example) you can still end up with
attachement forever lost on the filesystem.

Right, it SHOULD not happen, and it probably won't represent a big
volume. But Still, it could happen under specific circonstances. In that
case, I don't see any simple way to detect that kind of files ?

Do you see how a script could detect some orphaned links ??

For the archiving, good idea to use dsync, thanks for your answer.

--
Yann Dupont - Service IRTS, DSI Université de Nantes
Tel : 02.53.48.49.20 - Mail/Jabber : Yann.Dupont at univ-nantes.fr