[Dovecot] lazy_expunge plugin and folder subscription trouble

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Dec 8 07:11:01 EET 2011

On Wed, 2011-12-07 at 17:12 +0100, Jürgen Obermann wrote:
> Hello,
> I wanted to test the lazy expunge plugin together with mdbox. It seems
> to me that the folder subscriptions file in the mdbox directory was
> overwritten with only a few folder names every time I added or removed
> something in the list of subscribed folders, or even if I turned the
> imap folder subscription feature off and on. Here is my setup:
..
> namespace {
>    location = mdbox:~/mdbox:MAILBOXDIR=expunged
>    prefix = .EXPUNGED/
>    separator = /
> }

Right, with this it thinks that it owns the ~/mdbox/subscriptions file,
but that is the same path as for the inbox namespace. I think with
subscriptions=no it should have worked ok, but if not, use a different
subscriptions filename:

location = mdbox:~/mdbox:MAILBOXDIR=expunged:SUBSCRIPTIONS=subscriptions-expunged