[Dovecot] using dsync to convert mailboxes looses caching options

Mark Zealey Mark.Zealey at webfusion.com
Thu Dec 8 11:19:47 EET 2011

OK now it's copying the timestamp fields for tmp ones. However:

1) hdr.* fields are not being copied at all (unlike in previous releases)
2) although the decisions are now being recorded; the items are not actually being put into the cache for previously sync'd mails. New mails are having all the cache information produced however.

Note: this is only when using the -f option to dsync; when not using -f it doesnt even get round to generating a cache so no fields are put there.

Perhaps this should be activated by a new option to dsync; if people are using this for backup (rather than conversion) caches could get relatively large?

Mark