[Dovecot] dovecot 2.1.rc1: sieve and folders with umlauts

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Mon Dec 12 12:25:29 EET 2011

Op 12/12/2011 11:08 AM, Mike Constabel schreef:
> Hello,
>
> On 2011-12-12 at 10:58 CET Timo Sirainen wrote:
>> On 12.12.2011, at 11.46, Mike Constabel wrote:
>>> ## Generated by Roundcube Webmail SieveRules Plugin ##
>> Roundcube bug/"feature".
>>>         fileinto "m&APY-";
>> Sieve uses UTF-8 mailbox names. The reason why Roundcube doesn't use them, is because some old Cyrus Sieve versions didn't use UTF-8.
> Ok, good to know. I found the setting in the roundcube sieverules
> plugin. After setting this to UTF-8 it works.

For posterity:

The following setting of the Roundcube Sieverules plugin is relevant to
solve this issue (from config.inc.php.dist):

// Sieve RFC says that we should use UTF-8 encoding for mailbox names,
// but some implementations does not covert UTF-8 to modified UTF-7.
// set to null for default behaviour
$rcmail_config['sieverules_folder_encoding'] = null; Setting it to
'UTF-8' resolves the issue. Regards, Stephan.