[Dovecot] dovecot-antispam: pipe backend with spamc failing to parse args

Tom Hendrikx tom at whyscream.net
Thu Dec 15 12:55:19 EET 2011

On 15/12/11 01:37, Micah Anderson wrote:

> I'm trying to get the pipe backend to work with the new
> dovecot-antispam (I was very pleased to see the new version, thanks
> Johannes!)
>

> antispam_pipe_program_spam_arg = -L spam
> antispam_pipe_program_notspam_arg = -L ham
> antispam_pipe_program = /usr/bin/spamc
> antispam_pipe_program_args = -d 10.0.1.109
>
> Now, when I move a message to Spam, dovecot-antispam detects it and
> attempts to run, but it fails:
>
> Dec 14 16:22:45 grosbeak [username 10.0.1.74 uid]: antispam: run program
> failed with exit code 64
>
> Exit code 64 is spamc's exit code for "command line usage error" - but I
> can't see exactly the command that is being constructed by
> dovecot-antispam to know where the error is.

I use dspam as backend, but multiple args need to be specified separated
by semicolons (';') if spaces aare needed on the original commandline. i.e.:

antispam_pipe_program_spam_arg = -L;spam
antispam_pipe_program_notspam_arg = -L;ham
antispam_pipe_program = /usr/bin/spamc
antispam_pipe_program_args = -d;10.0.1.109

Note that this is the fork from Eugene as documented on the wiki, which
is based on the same code. Did I miss the announcement from Johannes
somewhere?:)

--
Regards,
	Tom