[Dovecot] DKIM Verification failures

Christian Rößner c at roessner-network-solutions.com
Sun Dec 18 18:14:45 EET 2011

Hello,

First of all: I am really, really sorry for all of you that got DKIM
failure reports from my server! That was never my intention! I had some
feedback from one of the Dovecot's users who contacted me and informed me
about this circumstances. As soon as I new about it, I disabled the
reports feature.

It seems that there do exist problems with DKIM and some mailing lists.
Not only with my mail server. I have found several SSL errors, when
OpenDKIM tries to verify signatures that came from a mailing list. And in
turn my MTA tried to send a report to focus on that problem.

Yet I can not say, what is going wrong here, but OpenDKIM is really
sensitive, if something is wrong with a signature.

So as of writing this, you do not get any further report messages. For
those of you, who would like to find out, what caused these reports are
welcome to contact me. Maybe we can find the problem and eliminate it
(maybe a bug in OpenDKIM, mailman, whatever. I don't think it's part of my
configuration and therefor several other people might have this problem as
well).

Thanks in advance

Christian Roessner