[Dovecot] OT: PHP imap_open [was: One important question!]

I M profymath at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 19 20:19:07 EET 2011

Thank you for the response, Pascal!But I have read the all flags and functions that might be useful for this problem before sending this letter.Please, find one more minute to know what I've done yet!
1. I installed MTA (sendmail) first. Then tuned it for receiving and sending emails outside of localhost. As for MDA I used "MAILER(`local')" as dovecot has built in one! 2. I installed IMAP Server (dovecot). I made it working in PLAIN  LOGIN mode on imap protocol. But as you know it doesn't mean that dovecot won't use SSL/TLS. So we are going to transmit out data as a plain text inside SSL/TLS. (see http://wiki1.dovecot.org/SSL, "... Some clients unfortunately try to do plaintext authentication without STARTTLS, even when IMAP server has told the client that it won't work." ). So when you try to disable ssl-support in dovecot.conf, you are going to get the message "SECURITY PROBLEM: insecure server advertised AUTH=PLAIN ...". The same message you get when putting "/notls" flag. That why I thought It might be a certificate configuration problem on the client side! Cause when I tried to put the /novalidate-cert flag in string "$mbox =
 imap_open("{XXXXXX.com:143/novalidate-cert}","user_name","user_password");" I immediately got the  message: "Undefined variable: mbox in ...". Also keep in mind that the connection to imap server (dovecot) can be established through telnet. So my guess is around misconfiguration of php5-imap module! I've also checked apache-server configuration cause it could also be a problem as I use php-functions on webserver environment.
So what would you say?Please, correct me if I am wrong.Thanks again for the response and, please give me a feedback as soon as you can!
My best,Edward.