[Dovecot] Building 2.1.rc1 with cluence, but without libstemmer

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Dec 20 12:35:24 EET 2011

On Thu, 2011-12-15 at 12:05 +1100, Jan Mikkelsen wrote:

> I'm testing out 2.1.rc1, building against clucene 2.3.3.4.
>
> Without libstemmber, the build fails because it attempts to include SnowballAnalyzer.h which is not part of "core" clucene.

It was actually supposed to be distributed with Dovecot, but it got left
out from the tarball.

http://snowball.tartarus.org/ this one.

> clucene

2.3.3.4

> and libtextcat is dovecot 2.1.rc1 intended to be used against?

http://www.let.rug.nl/vannoord/TextCat/ probably.. Basically I've just
used the libstemmer and libtextcat that are in Debian.

> Is it worth bringing the wrapper class around libstemmer into dovecot
> to avoid funny dependencies against clucene and so that the -lstemmer
> test in configure is enough?

I'm hoping for a new CLucene release where I don't need libstemmer
anymore.