[Dovecot] doveadm index

e-frog e-frog at gmx.de
Wed Dec 21 19:35:51 EET 2011

On 21.12.2011 07:26, wrote Timo Sirainen:
> On 20.12.2011, at 22.02, Daniel L. Miller wrote:

>>> It indexes INBOX (only) for all users. And it doesn't "reindex"
>>> anything, it just adds any missing stuff.
>>>

>> Ok - IS there a command that will ... fully update ... all folders for all users?  Will something like "doveadm search -A text zyxabcxyz>  /dev/null" work?
>
> For updating full text search indexes, I guess you could do a "doveadm fetch uid text asdfasf>  /dev/null"..
>
> But some day doveadm index (and several other commands) should allow wildcards in mailbox names, so you could just do doveadm index -A '*'

Actually I'm using doveadm index -A '*' in a daily cron job and it seems
to work for me. At least the timestamps of the dovecot.index.search and
dovecot.index.search.uids files equal or close to the cron job start
time in every folder.

Is there a way to examine the search index? Doveadm dump doesn't seem to
like it.

$: doveadm dump dovecot.index.search
$: doveadm(vmail): Fatal: Can't autodetect file type: dovecot.index.search

Thanks,
e-frog