[Dovecot] crashes on 2.0.16

Maarten Bezemer mcbdovecot at robuust.nl
Thu Dec 22 01:54:50 EET 2011

On Mon, 19 Dec 2011, Cor Bosman wrote:

> # OS: Linux 2.6.32.36-xsserver x86_64 Debian 6.0.3

Are you sure you didn't roll your own kernel? Debian kernels I know don't
use the ".36" suffix, but ship as 2.6.32-something and use their own
internal version numbering.

For example, I found this on packages.debian.org:
linux-image-2.6.32-5-amd64 (2.6.32-38)
According to changelog, this actually carries patches from 2.6.32.46, yet
only shows in uname as 2.6.32-5-amd64.

Also a friendly reminder for the question asked by Ron Leach: which kernel
version did you install that appears to be Dovecot-friendlier? Would be
very useful to have that in the archives as well.

By the way, happy holidays to everyone ;-)

--
Maarten