[Dovecot] OT Re: crashes on 2.0.16

Simon Brereton simon.brereton at buongiorno.com
Thu Dec 22 06:18:54 EET 2011

On Dec 21, 2011 9:13 PM, "Noel Butler" <noel.butler at ausics.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 2011-12-22 at 00:49 +0100, Christopher Stolzenberg wrote:
>
> > 2011/12/22 Jim Knuth <jk at jkart.de>:
> > > am 22.12.11 00:15 schrieb Christopher Stolzenberg

> > > sorry, but that`s absolutely bulls*it. *lol*
> > > Where have you read then THIS?
> >
> > My own experience!
> >
> > Reasons against Debian:
> >
> > - No LSB certification (Linux Standard Base)
> > - No hardware certification (IBM, Dell, HP ...)
> > - Incompatible with some Broadcom NICs
> > - Full of bugs
> > - Free Kernel (non-free firmware removed... lol)
> > - Obsolete kernel (incompatible with new hardware)
> > - Obsolete packages
> > - Only one year support for oldstable *lol*
> > - Long delay for security updates

I'm with Jim.  Debian has served me well for years.  This is just
distro-bias.  Sure, you need modicum more sense and hands on experience,
but that's not bad thing in a production environment..

It would be interesting to chart the number of threads caused by each
distro.  I don't know who would have the least, but I suspect gentoo and
centos would be out in front, with Ubuntu panting along behind..

Simon