[Dovecot] OT Re: crashes on 2.0.16

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Thu Dec 22 13:31:30 EET 2011

On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 06:13:36 -0500
Charles Marcus articulated:

> On 2011-12-21 11:18 PM, Simon Brereton
> <simon.brereton at buongiorno.com> wrote:
> > It would be interesting to chart the number of threads caused by
> > each distro.  I don't know who would have the least, but I suspect
> > gentoo and centos would be out in front,
>
> Been using gentoo since about 2003 and never looked back... best and
> easiest distro to maintain, bar none, and the best support and
> documentation too.

I have been a FreeBSD user since 2000. Dovecot and Postfix run well on
the OS. Postfix should since it was developed on FreeBSD. Other than
that though, most other apps require extensive patching in order to get
them to work. And when it comes to drivers for modern devices, you can
pretty much forget about it. After more than five years they still have
not developed drivers for wireless "N" protocol devices. However, like
Firefox, they do enjoy bumping versions numbers sans any true or
radical improvement.

Just my 2¢.

--
Jerry ♔