[Dovecot] sieve in sql or reporting

Bradley Giesbrecht bradley.giesbrecht at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 19:01:14 EET 2011

On Dec 23, 2011, at 8:35 PM, Stephan Bosch wrote:

> On 12/24/2011 5:26 AM, Stephan Bosch wrote:
>> On 12/24/2011 3:28 AM, Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:
>>> With dovecot2 and pigeonhole sieve/managesieve is it currently possible to store sieve rules in an sql database?
>> Unfortunately, not yet. It is listed somewhere on the TODO list, but it does not have high priority so far.
>>
>>> If not is there a way to query all accounts; looking for things like active vacation rules?
>>
>> I'm working on an evolution of the sieve_pipe plugin called the sieve_extprograms plugin. One of the things it adds is a new action command called "execute", which may suit your needs. It will only be available for Dovecot v2.1 though. You can read the latest version of the specification here (example 4 should match your application):
>>
>> http://hg.rename-it.nl/pigeonhole-0.3-sieve-extprograms/raw-file/tip/doc/rfc/spec-bosch-sieve-extprograms.txt
>
> Oh btw, if you are looking for a way to disable vacation rules after some period of time, you can use the date extension (http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5260#section-4). For example:
>
> require ["date", "relational", "vacation"];
>
> if currentdate :value "le" "date" "2011-12-09" {
>       vacation "I'm out of office this week. I'll be back on Saturday 10th to reply to your e-mails.";
> }

Stephan, thank you for both responses.

My idea was to add sieve rules to a report so I could look up an email address and explain to the user why things happen.

I can read in the users sieve scripts from the file system, or put them into sql myself for that matter. If a managesieve query command already existed I would use that.

Regards,
Bradley Geisbrecht