[Dovecot] imap be killed (core dump disabled)

Thu Dec 29 14:10:56 EET 2011

On 2011-12-28 11:06 PM, Dongyu.Zhen <zdy0818 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everybody,
> When I modify the dovecot imap source ,in "src/imap/" dir, I meet the
> Error below:
> Error: child (imap) kill (core dump disabled).
>
> In fact, I want to record the imap operation through dovecot. So, I
> modify every source file in "src/imap/cmd-IMAP_OPERATION" ,when the imap
> command function is executed, it will write to a file cur time and
> operation.

Ummm... maybe what you want is already there?

http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Plugins/MailLog

> Could you tell me why the imap be killed?

You modified the source, didn't bother to provide specific details as to
what modifications you did, and expect someone to be able to answer
that? I don't think even Timo is that good... ;)

--

Best regards,

Charles